Friday, December 19, 2008

News and Notes: 10 Ways to Transform Toxic Thoughts

I was sorting my mountains of email, scanning as quickly as I could and being a spaz with the delete button because there simply is not enough time to read it all; Or even scan it all for that matter.

As I was in my sorting frenzy this quote jumped out at me.

Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives: where we focus our attention. (Greg Anderson)


It struck me as to how very true that is.

What does this have to do with business? Everything, your mindset /focus defines your business life as well as your personal life.

The truth be told we make ourselves miserable, angry, depressed, sad, cheerful, happy, peaceful and so on. It’s true; it’s what we focus on, what we clutch to our hearts and hang on to both figuratively and physically.

Newsflash; we also project what we are feeling on to other people. Or I should say we can and often do project what we are feeling onto other people.

I’ll give you a for instance. I called up a friend of mine. Her name is Mary F; she lives in Montana. I live in Wyoming, so this conversation took place over the phone. The reason I stated our locations was to stress the fact that you do not have to be in physical contact with another person to affect them.

Truthfully I didn’t realize I was angry or just how angry and frustrated I was when I called her. I hadn’t called her for business; I had called just to touch base with a friend I hadn’t spoken with for a couple of months.


At the time I didn’t realize just how much I was projecting. I turned that conversation into a rage spire in seconds. Truthfully I didn’t even realize it until I had gotten off the phone.

I have been so angry over finances, my health, the dogs, and all that placement mess, my weight, backed up paper work, and my life in general that I spilled it all over her. Actually that is not true, I shot it at her with a cannon. Bang splat; knocked the joy right out of her with a huge rage cannon ball.

So not only do you affect your own life, you affect the lives of those you contact; or that contact you. Just a thought- Give the gift of joy. Change your focus to a joyful life.

Tis my gift to you for this Holiday Season: the Wish for a Joy filled life. May your focus be on the joys of life.

Here is a nifty little excerpt that may help you along those lines:

10 Ways to Transform Toxic Thoughts: Text by Sandra Ingerman, adapted from her book, “How to Heal Toxic Thoughts: Simple Tools for Personal Transformation”


If you've ever felt the way anger or fear can electrify the atmosphere in a room, you'll know what Sandra Ingerman means by "toxic thoughts."


1) Breathe Through Your Heart: Breathing is one of the simplest ways to transform energy. This is an exercise you can do throughout your day: Place your hands on your heart and feel your heart moving as you breathe. This is calming, and feeds the energy of love, peace, and harmony in the world.

2) Look in a Mirror: Before reacting to a challenging situation, try emoting as you watch your reflection in a mirror. No one wants to see herself acting out in a toxic way. You may feel silly, but don’t let this stop you. Taking ourselves too seriously is one of the causes of negative thoughts.

3) Express; Don’t Send: Stress can make us act in ways we might regret later on. It is OK to have problematic emotions, and it’s important to acknowledge your feelings. Just be careful not to send the energy as a “poison dart” to yourself, others, or into the world.

4) Think of a Favorite face: The energy behind your emotions goes to all living beings. If confronted by someone who triggers problematic emotions for you, think of a loved one and impose his or her image on the face of the person challenging you. For example, you might work with the face of a baby, kitten, puppy, or your favorite flower.

5) Watch Your Words: Your words, like thoughts and emotions, have the power to change your experience and the world we live in. This applies to both the words we say out loud to others as well as self-talk. If you tell yourself that you’re not a good person, you begin to manifest this reality. Fill your mind with positive words and this is how your life will unfold.

6) See the Divinity in Others: Never Pity others who you perceive as suffering—this only pushes them deeper into a hole. When you see people in their divine light and perfection you help give them the strength they need to deal with their troubles. Remember that your perception creates your reality.

7) Connect With Nature: We are a part of nature. When we are in a state of stress we are cut off from the nurturing we receive from the elements – earth, air, water, and fire (the sun) – and we can actually become ill. Nature is a great healer. Take time out and connect with the natural world whenever you can.

8) Work With Water: The life-force of water can wash away your pain, and the simplest activities can have a healing effect. As you wash your hands, take a shower, or stand in the rain, visualize negative energy flowing from you and being transformed into light.

9) Protect Yourself With Light: If you feel someone is psychically attacking you or being energetically hostile toward you, imagine a protective light surrounding you. Some people think of a white energy field; I imagine being enclosed in a translucent blue egg. Find a color that works for you. This will protect you from any harmful energies being sent your way.

10) Respond With Love: You do not have to be the receiver of negative and toxic energy from others. You can return the energy you don’t wish to receive with love. Responding with love will prevent you from moving into attack position and creating more negative energy. It is only love that heals.

I have spent the majority of this past year blinded by rage and grief; to the point that it has effected my mental and physical well being and the mental and physical well being of all those around me. Both human and animal alike. As 2008 comes to a close and 2009 starts I am working to change my focus. To move forward in joy. The Greg Anderson
quote and the 10 Ways to Transform Toxic Thoughts: Text by Sandra Ingerman,
were blessings to me; It is my hope that they are for you as well.

What does this have to do with business? Everything, your mindset /focus defines your business life as well as your personal life.

Life is a journey; may you travel in joy.
Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs
Robbins Run Ranch: Living the Dream With Our Pomeranians
307.788.0202

*******
Both the Greg Anderson
Quote and the Sandra Ingerman
text was brought to my attention in:The Daily Inspiration newsletter by beliefnet.





No comments:

Entreprenuer

Entreprenuer en.tre.pre.neur

A person who organizes, operates, and assumes the risk for a business venture

One who is willing to live like noone else so that they can LIVE like noone else!